In 2018, according to the Worldwide Quarterly Ethernet Switch and Router Trackers released by IDC, the ethernet switch market continuously maintains its steady growth. Amid the growing demands of consumers for BYOD (portable devices), audio, video and, at the same time, the rise of SDN, cloud computing and big data, the function of switches is becoming more and more important and the developments of switches are expanding gradually due to the impact of these business operations.
For the switch power supply, special attention shall be given to the surge and EMC part of the machine during the design stage. If the debugging is not thorough or the design margin is insufficient, the customer’s system may experience reboot, crash, or even network packet loss constantly. In general, power supply manufacturers only apply cement load to conduct debugging. However, once the device is installed in customer’s system, various system incompatibility issues may appear, preventing the customer from a speedy product launch. Having experience of working with customers of first-line brands in various areas in networking, the designs of Asian Power Devices (APD) Group’s products have taken into account of the impact of compatibility in the early stage of design. When APD products arrive at the customer’s site, tests are passed smoothly, offering the customer a fast product launch to the market. Furthermore, during the early stage of switch design, processing heat is another challenging and time-consuming task. APD can provide the PSU simulation data for customers in their early design stage, which shortens the duration of modeling and increases the speed of overall system developments.
APD introduces the ultra-compact, high performance, cost-effective new power supply product of 500W switch, NW500A01. This power supply product adopts a dual output module design, with the standard output 12V/10A; 54V/7.04A. A single output of 54V based on customer’s requirements is also available. APD product is designed with miniaturization, which is about 32% smaller in volume than those of other products in the same power range in the industry. At the same time, the APD product is in compliance with IEC60950-1/GB4943.1 and the IEC62368-1 safety certification that is soon to be implemented, and has applied for multi-national certificates such as UL/CSA/TUV/CB/FCC/CE/BSMI/KCC. The APD new generation POE switch product is the ultimate choice of power supply.
- Support full network voltage: 90V~264Vac
- Surge current <30A
- Energy efficiency USA 80 PLUS GOLD requirements compliance
- Harmonic current IEC61000-3-2/GB17625.1 regulations compliance
- Support 12V: 5000uF; 54V: 1000uF capacitive load
- Output voltage IEEE802.3af/at power supply standard compliance
- Operating temperature: -5 ° C ~ 55 ° C
- Support Power Good signal detection function
- Support AC voltage Brownout function
- Multiple protection modes: SCP, OCP, OVP, OTP
- IEC61000-4-2 air discharge 15KV and contact discharge 8KV requirements compliance
- IEC61000-4-4 EFT 2KV standard compliance
- Ultra-compact design: 190*90*34mm
- 5-year usage life
- High reliability, up to 250KHrs mean time between failures
- Withstand 5G impact tests in single operation mode; 40G impact tests under no operation mode.